About Tasmanian Bonsai Centre
The Bonsai Nursery had its origins in 1982 at Brown Mountain Nursery & Gardens, Underwood, Tasmania under the mastership of the late Neale Farrell < dec. 1991>
Trees styled by Neale are included in our collection.
The Bonsai Centre was opened at the Riverside site in Oct. 1995 by Bonsai Master Susumu Nakamura from Japan < with whom Lynne studied in 1993 >
A Bonsai is never ” finished “.
Our Bonsai trees are continually worked on, pruning, restyling & repotting to improve their health & appearance.
Why Bonsai ?
More & more people around the world are discovering the beauty of Bonsai & find peace of mind in this fascinating hobby.
Nurturing a small piece of nature over many years can become a source of pleasure and recreation that fulfills the creative urge.
Bonsai can be of particular benefit in the following areas :
- For stress management :
- Provides contact with the calming influence of nature.
- Requires a change of pace and an attitude of patience.
- For those undergoing injury rehabilitation, for the aged and disabled:
- Enables contact with horticulture that may otherwise be denied.
- For apartment dwellers and people in retirement villages:
- Requires minimal space.
- Bonsai are easily cared for and are transportable.